October 16, 2007

16 october 2007

I woke up this morning and the city was covered with a heavy blanket of fog, which we in dubai are so not used to it! Anyway, fog always bring a memory of Jordan to my mind, when I was 16 or so, I visited amman, my parents house lies on high mountain hill, forests rest on that mountain you can occasionally see horses pass by and always see sheep herds, the breeze is ever cold and it is always silent but from cries of passing by children, this place is called “marj el hamam” or “the hill of doves”, it captured my heart I always think about it and feel nostalgic. The mornings in marj el hamam are always foggy; I remember waking up at six and I felt very cold although it was summer back then, I wrapped myself with my blanket and went for a walk along the hill, I miss that moment of clarity, I always long for that walk and each time it’s foggy in dubai I try to live that morning again, in fact I’m always longing deeply for amman, sometimes I allow myself to pour some tears over the memory, I miss being so young, spontaneous and free!


No comments: